Thursday, September 3, 2026

About the One

Can I venture an opinion on the One? Based on my personal experience?

It’s pretty simple: I am conscious of my own existence. I am conscious of my thoughts and feelings. I am conscious of my actions, such as typing these words. I am conscious of my wondering about existence. I can search the field of my mind and see where the limitations of my mind are. I cannot go beyond the mind. At the outer reaches of my mind where there is expansion, there is blissful awareness. At the inner reaches of my mind where there is concentration, there is blissful consciousness.

The expansion and the concentration. My mind vacillates between these two extremes. It shifts back and forth between them almost instantaneously. What they both have in common is the bliss component. There is blissful concentration and there is blissful expansion.

I experienced that for the first time in a dream when I was about 12 or 13 years old after having practiced my own form of “staring meditation” for a short while. I felt as expanded as the whole universe and as concentrated as the tip of a needle.

If I am in any way similar to the One, then the One should experience something similar in its being. And I should be similar to the One, because the One originated me, brought me into existence. Or did It? Maybe I am similar to the One, because I am of the same substance as the One, like a single drop of water in a vast ocean is not different in substance from all the water surrounding it. Maybe the One needs physical bodies to experience the bliss of contraction and the bliss of expansion. Or  perhaps It only needs the minds of entities for these experiences?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment